After graduating from The Royal College of Art in London, Brenda worked as a designer in the fashion industry for Monsoon in India and Studio West in San Francisco, before returning to the UK to work as a BBC costume designer. During this time she specialised in period dramas and comedy sketch shows including ‘Alas Smith and Jones’, ‘Scotch and Wry’ and ‘Naked Video’, whilst also illustrating articles for the women’s page of The Herald.
She has been a visiting lecturer and examiner at Edinburgh College of Art and has run sketchbook and fashion-based workshops at Leith School of Art.
Now based in Edinburgh, much of her current work is painted on location at her home in the Highlands and on the beautiful beaches of Northumberland.
She has recently been commissioned to do personalised life drawings of clients.
- 2017 – Shore. Hangar Gallery, Fenton Barns, North Berwick
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
- 2018 – Annual art exhibition Friends of St Columba’s Edinburgh
- 2018 – Truecolours Princes Trust. Lyon and Turnbull Edinburgh
- 2018 – Friends of Wardour. Messums Gallery Wiltshire
- 2018 – Annual Spring Exhibition. Resipole Gallery Ardnamurchan
- 2018 – Annual Summer Exhibition – The Old School Gallery Alnmouth
- 2017 – Ionart Modern Colourists Summerhall
- 2017 – Preselected for annual Lynn Painters and Stainers Mall Galleries
- 2017 – Preselected for annual The New English Art Club Mall Galleries
- 2016 – Annual Christmas Post Cards – Open Eye Gallery Edinburgh
- 2015 – Annual Exhibition – Paisley Art Institute, Paisley
- 2015 – Annual Exhibition – Leith School of Art Edinburgh